It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Audi A4 insurance in Charlotte is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in North Carolina could save $100 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
This article will familiarize you with how car insurance works and also save some money in the process If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to compare company rates on the web.
What Impacts Audi A4 Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- No car insurance policy gaps is important - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Big cities mean more claims - Being located in a small town may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your car's features help determine car insurance rates - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Too many claims will drive prices up - Companies in North Carolina generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Audi A4 insurance claim data - Insurers use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A4 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies provide price estimates from their websites. Doing online quotes for Audi A4 insurance in Charlotte is possible for anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. Behind the scenes, the quote system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. Getting online rate quotes for Audi A4 insurance in Charlotte helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in North Carolina. To locate the best auto insurance in North Carolina, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
The premium table shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Audi A4 models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$160||$326||$256||$16||$76||$834||$70|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$284||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$284||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$160||$326||$256||$16||$76||$834||$70|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in Charlotte location which can change prices noticeably.
One common question asked by Charlotte drivers is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The rates below help summarize the costs and benefits when you buy lower versus higher insurance deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$242||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,129||$94|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$456||$250||$14||$74||$1,061||$88|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$456||$250||$14||$74||$1,061||$88|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$242||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,129||$94|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$176||$354||$250||$14||$74||$868||$72|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$176||$354||$250||$14||$74||$868||$72|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter premiums substantially.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $21 more each month or $252 for a full year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have more than 19 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money by selecting a higher deductible. The table below shows an example of how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$94|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $73|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$21|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $21|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||19 months|
One important caveat is that increasing deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more if you have a claim. It will be required that you have some extra funds in order to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Audi A4 premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Charlotte
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Audi A4 auto insurance rates for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi A4 insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Audi A4 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Choosing Audi A4 insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Audi A4 but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Charlotte overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Audi A4 insurance in Charlotte
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Audi can earn cheaper prices.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Audi A4 premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including location of vehicle, multi-car, good driver, age of vehicle, ease of repair, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for group or association, multi-policy, anti-theft, teen driver, student away at school, and paid in full.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, newly retired, new graduate, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers premium reductions for new vehicle, loyalty savings, family discount, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. To find providers with the best discounts in Charlotte, click this link.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Charlotte.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you free Charlotte car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in Charlotte
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Charlotte agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Upon getting good feedback for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Cheaper insurance in Charlotte can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for Audi A4 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)