It's a fact that car insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on insurance in Charlotte is the reason you're reading this, then understanding how to shop for insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Dodge Ram insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Charlotte. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides instructions to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you're already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. We hope to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Finding a lower price on Dodge Ram insurance is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a little time to compare rates to discover which company has inexpensive Charlotte auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Charlotte, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are established is important for making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$214||$318||$282||$16||$84||$914||$76|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$242||$386||$282||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$270||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,108||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$270||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,176||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$270||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can change price quotes considerably.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine prices.
Driver age impacts rates - Young drivers in North Carolina are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a inexperienced driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Urban residents pay more - Being located in a rural area can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor - Your policy's liability coverage kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Insurance companies in North Carolina award the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- High credit rating translates to low costs - Having a good credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram by improving your rating.
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Charlotte?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
You can lower your insurance rates
When you buy Charlotte auto insurance online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in North Carolina can be read at these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)