Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte? Price shopping your Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte may be a challenge for people who are new to online insurance quotes. Because there are so many insurers available, it can quickly become a lot of work to locate the lowest price in North Carolina.
How to find low-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Charlotte.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Wrangler coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Amazingly, most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Charlotte could save themselves nearly $94 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte
Some insurers don't always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better rates than normal.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
The chart below compares Jeep Wrangler auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, good student, good driver, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer free Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes in Charlotte, click here to view.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Jeep Wrangler models. Understanding how policy premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$104||$132||$250||$14||$74||$574||$48|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$104||$132||$312||$18||$94||$660||$55|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$104||$168||$250||$14||$74||$610||$51|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$118||$168||$250||$14||$74||$624||$52|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$118||$168||$250||$14||$74||$624||$52|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$168||$312||$18||$94||$710||$59|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$134||$168||$312||$18||$94||$726||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Charlotte garaging location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Wrangler settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Components of Your Jeep Wrangler Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Your employer and car insurance rates - Occupational choices like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Don't skimp on liability insurance - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The chart below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Younger drivers pay higher prices - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
No policy gaps is important - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insure car and home with the same company - Most major companies afford better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to compare Jeep Wrangler rates in Charlotte to ensure the best deal.
Your location is a factor - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Charlotte that provide free Charlotte car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Charlotte should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long has their agency been open in Charlotte?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Charlotte?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you want to use local Charlotte agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Charlotte are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
- David Stroman - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 East Trade Street, C-340 - Charlotte, NC 28202 - (704) 332-1970 - View Map
- Jeff Genant - State Farm Insurance Agent
15105 John J Delaney Dr - Charlotte, NC 28277 - (704) 594-3000 - View Map
- State Farm: Rob Heath
6215 Brookshire Blvd - Charlotte, NC 28216 - (704) 392-4166 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that are able to give rate quotes.
- Lawing - Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b - Charlotte, NC 28216 - (704) 391-8483 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2300 Sardis Rd N a - Charlotte, NC 28227 - (704) 248-8000 - View Map
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 - Charlotte, NC 28208 - (704) 394-7327 - View Map
Once you have reasonable responses and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so don't assume that you're stuck with your new company for the entire policy term.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Charlotte, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Jeep and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
In the end, you can save money
Discount Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte is available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We covered many ways to lower your Jeep Wrangler insurance prices in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
How to buy cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Charlotte
The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Charlotte.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)